[Will be added]Rhyme Scheme: Essay
Imran, 15 Sep 2019 - God in Indian belief system
The Shiva Linga is an atom so the polarities exist.
Q) If God is an atom then your God is bound by space
No when the polarities get together, creation is the outcome. We say simply God in English, but in India that word is used at various levels.
1) There is the one who is beyond creation called the Brahman from which the word Brahmin evolves. I believe a Brahmin is one devoted to evolving to that ultimate stage by daily reflecting on it.
This Brahman can be likened to Yahwe or Allah. It is gender less and sanctioner of creation. What the Gita in its final chapter calls Satchi or witness.
2) Then comes Purusha and Prakriti. Purusha means husband and Prakriti nature. The original duality.
3) Prakriti has 3 modes Sattva, Rajas and Tamas. Sattva denotes a quality of the divine, we can consider this as pure love. Rajas or dynamism and Tamas or ignorance/ inertia. These 3 are represented by the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. These 3 deities have as consorts Saraswathi, Lakshmi and Parvati.
4) God can also refer to Devas or Divine beings. Angels / Aliens if you prefer.
5) Atma or soul has Bhutatma (in mineral), Jivatma (in plant, animal or man) and Paramatma (transcendent soul)
Shiva linga is from the 3rd level and very much a part of the space-time continuum.
Shiva is considered the ultimate because another name for Purusha Prakriti is Shivam and Shakti.
You will find some Indian colouring in my list of 128 divine attributes.
Religion is the one area where we clash rather aggressively and furiously with our fellow beings. We are taught to believe that only our faith is right and that all others are wrong or flawed. We are all but swimmers in this vast ocean of spirituality, learning to dive, standing on the diving board, yet reluctant to take the plunge lest our faith and beliefs be ridiculed and condemned. The author implores us to take the plunge and face the future - one which stands for Liberty Brotherhood and Harmony - so let's help create an orchestra out of this battlefield is his plea to mankind.
Who is God? He is the all loving all-pervading spirit who watches over us and is there in our sad and happy moments. At times we feel abandoned by Him when we really do not understand and accept life with all its ups and downs. In this transient world let's accept and embrace change, let's evolve bearing in mind that his Divine Spark is within each of us in body, mind and spirit.